- Company Registration in India
- LLP Registration in India
- Service tax registration in India
- VAT & CST Registration
- FEMA Certifications
- Secretarial Services
- Secretarial Audit
- Merger of Companies
- Winding Up of Company
- NGO Registration
- Digital Signatures
- Trade Mark Registration
- Importer Exporter Code (IEC Code)
- Income Tax Returns
- Management Audit
- Taxation Services
- Tax Planning
- TDS Returns
- Delhi VAT
- Haryana VAT
- Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR)
- Financial Planning
- Due Diligence
- PAN Registration
N K Associates is one of the most reputed company in the field of taxation services in India, They are very helping, they looked into my problem very thoroughly and helped me in every possible manner they could.
Importer Exporter Code (IEC Code)
Importer Exporter Code Number
Definition of IEC Code
IEC Code is unique 10 digit code issued by DGFT – Director General of Foreign Trade , Ministry of Commerce, Government of India to Indian Companies.
Full form of IEC Code
Full From of IEC Code is : “Importer Exporter Code ”. To import or export in India, IEC Code is mandatory. No person or entity shall make any Import or Export without IEC Code Number.
IEC Code No Notification
Directorate General of Foreign Trade(DGFT) issued a Policy Circular No.15 (RE-2006)/2004-2009 Date: 27th July, 2006) for New System for issuance of Importer-Exporter Code Number.
Eligibility, Legal Provisions and Conditions for IEC Code Number
Eligibility condition and Legal Provisions are given for IEC Code Number Application in Foreign Trade (Regulation) Rules, 1993 Ministry of Commerce, Notification No. GSR 791 (E), dated 30-12-1993.
Application for Grant of IEC Number
An application for grant of IEC number shall be made by the Registered/Head Office of the applicant and apply to the nearest Regional Authority of Directorate General Foreign Trade, the Registered office in case of company and Head office in case of others, falls in the ‘Aayaat Niryaat Form - ANF2A’ and shall be accompanied by documents prescribed therein. In case of STPI/ EHTP/ BTP units, the Regional Offices of the DGFT having jurisdiction over the district in which the Registered/ Head Office of the STPI unit is located shall issue or amend the IECs.
Only one IEC would be issued against a single PAN number. Any proprietor can have only one IEC number and in case there are more than one IECs allotted to a proprietor, the same may be surrendered to the Regional Office for cancellation.
IEC Code Online Application Form
The application can be download Form in PDF or Word. This is called "Aayaat Niryaat Form - ANF2A". Along with IEC Code Number Application Form it is necessary to submit
Appendix-18B Attested by Applicant's Banker in his letter head with two passport size photo).
List Of Regional Authorities Of DGFT And The Corresponding Office of Reserve Bank Of India, Exchange Control Department
You can find the list of Foreign Exchange Control Department of the RBI as given in
Validity of IEC Code No
An IEC number allotted to an applicant shall be valid for all its branches/divisions/units/factories as indicated in the format of IEC given in
Where an IEC Number is lost or misplaced, the issuing authority may consider requests for grant of a duplicate copy of IEC number, if accompanied by an affidavit.
Surrender of IEC Number
If an IEC holder does not wish to operate the allotted IEC number, he may surrender the same by informing the issuing authority. On receipt of such intimation, the issuing authority shall immediately cancel the same and electronically transmit it to DGFT for onward transmission to the Customs and Regional Authorities.
Application Fee For IEC Code Number
Application Fee : Rs 250.00
Mode of Payment
In Demand Draft of any Bank or Payment through EFT ( Electronic Fund Transfer by Nominated Bank by DGFT Like HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, State Bank of India, UTI Bank, Punjab National Bank, Central Bank etc) or Application fee can deposited by TR6 Challan with Duplicate Copy in any branch of Central Bank of India and TR6 Challan need to be submit along with IEC Code Application.
Specified fee shall be paid for making an application under any provision of the
Policy and Handbook of Procedure Volume-I.. The scale of fee, mode of payment, procedure for refund of fee and the categories of persons exempted from the payment of fee are contained in Appendix-21B.
Territorial Jurisdiction of Regional Authorities
Every application, unless otherwise specified, shall be submitted to the Regional Authority of Directorate General Foreign Trade, as per the territorial jurisdiction of the Regional authorities indicated in
Policy and Handbook of Procedure Volume-I.
Filing of Application
Application can be filed online in DGFT website, details of online links are given below.
Every application for an Import/Export licence/ certificate/ Authorisation/ permission or any other purpose should be complete in all respects as required under the relevant provisions of the Policy/Procedures and shall be signed by the applicant as defined in
paragraph 9.9 of the Policy. An incomplete application is liable to be rejected giving specific reason for rejection. However in case of manual applications, the applicant would furnish a soft copy of the application in MS word format.
Profile of Importer/ Exporter
Each Importer/Exporter shall be required to file importer/ exporter profile once with the Regional Authority in Part 1 of ‘Aayaat Niryaat Form - ANF2A’. Regional Authority shall enter the information furnished in Part 1 of ‘Aayaat Niryaat Form ANF-2A’ in their database so as to dispense with the need for asking the repetitive information. In case of any change in the information given in Part 1 of ‘Aayaat Niryaat Form ANF-2A’, importer/exporter shall intimate the same to the Regional Authority.
Self Addressed Stamped Envelope
The applicant shall furnish a self addressed envelope of 40 x 15 cm with postal stamp affixed on the envelope as follows for all documents required to be sent by Speed Post:
a Within local area Rs. 20.00
b Up to 200 Kms. Rs. 25.00
c Between 200 to 1000 Kms Rs. 30.00
d Beyond 1000 Kms. Rs. 50.00
IEC No: Exempted Categories
The following categories of importers or exporters are exempted from obtaining Importer - Exporter Code (IEC) number:
1. Importers covered by clause 3 (1) [except sub-clauses (e) and (l)] and exporters covered by clause 3(2) [except sub-clauses (i) and (k)] of the Foreign Trade (Exemption from application of Rules in certain cases) Order, 1993.
2. Ministries/Departments of the Central or State Government.
3. Persons importing or exporting goods for personal use not connected with trade or manufacture or agriculture.
4. Persons importing/exporting goods from/to Nepal provided the CIF value of a single consignment does not exceed Indian Rs.25,000.
5. Persons importing/exporting goods from/to Myanmar through Indo-Myanmar border areas provided the CIF value of a single consignment does not exceed Indian Rs.25,000.
However, the exemption from obtaining Importer-Exporter Code (IEC) number shall not be applicable for the export of Special Chemicals, Organisms, Materials, Equipments and Technologies (SCOMET) as listed in Appendix- 3, Schedule 2 of the ITC(HS) except in the case of exports by category(ii) above.
6. The following permanent IEC numbers shall be used by the categories of importers/ exporters mentioned against them for import/ export purposes..
S.No Code Number Categories of Importers / Exporters
1 0100000011 All Ministries / Departments of Central Government and agencies
wholly or partially owned by them.
2 0100000029 All Ministries / Departments of any State Government and agencies
wholly or partially owned by them.
3 0100000037 Diplomatic personnel, Counselor officers in India and officials of
UNO and its specialised agencies.
4 0100000045 Indians returning from / going abroad and claiming benefit under
5 0100000053 Persons / Institutions / Hospitals importing or exporting goods for
personnel use, not connected with trade or manufacture or agriculture.
6 0100000061 Persons importing / exporting goods from /to Nepal
7 0100000070 Persons importing / exporting goods from /to Myanmar through
Indo-Myanmar border areas
8 0100000088 Ford Foundation
9 0100000096 Importers importing goods for display or use
in fairs / exhibitions or similar
events under provisions of ATA carnet This IEC number can also be used
importers importing for exhibitions/fairs as per Para 2.29 of HBPv1.
10 0100000100 Director, National Blood Group Reference Laboratory, Bombay or their
11 0100000126 Individuals / Charitable Institution /Registered NGOs importing
which have been exempted from Customs duty under Notification issued by
Ministry of Finance for bonafide use by victims affected by natural
12 0100000134 Persons importing / exporting permissible
goods as notified from time to time, from / to China through Gunji,
Namgaya Shipkila and Nathula ports,
subject to value ceilings of single consignment as given in Para 2.8(iv)
13 0100000169 Non-commercial imports and exports by entities who have been
authorized by Reserve Bank of India.
Note: Commercial Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) who have obtained PAN will however be required to obtain Importer Exporter Code number. The permanent IEC number as mentioned above, shall be used by non-commercial PSUs.
Guidelines for Application of IEC Code Number.
Mandatory Requirements to apply for IEC Code Number
7. PAN Number
8. Current Bank Account
9. Bankers Certificate
10. IEC Code Number
(Expert TIP : Pay via EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer ), and submit IEC Online Application form, If you wish to receive IEC Number instantly)
11. The physical application containing required documents should reach DGFT RLA concerned within 15 days of its online submission.
12. E-mail is not mandatory. If it is provided it will facilitate faster communication.
Check List of Documents to apply for IEC Code
13. Covering Letter on your company's letter head for issue of new IEC Code Number.
14. Two copies of the application in prescribed format (
Aayaat Niryaat Form ANF 2A
) must be submitted to your regional Jt.DGFT Office.
15. Each individual page of the application has to be signed by the applicant.
16. Part 1 & Part 4 has to be filled in by all applicants. In case of applications submitted electronically.
17. No hard copies of Part 1 may be submitted. However in cases where applications are submitted otherwise, hard copy of Part 1has to be submitted.
18. Only relevant portions of Part 2 need to be filled in.
19. Rs 250.00 Bank Receipt (in duplicate)/Demand Draft/EFT details evidencing payment of application fee in terms of
20. Certificate from the Banker of the applicant firm in the format given in
21. Self certified copy of PAN issuing letter or PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card issued by Income Tax Authority.
22. Two copies of passport size photographs of the applicant duly attested by the Banker of the applicant.
23. Self addresses envelope with Rs.25/- postal stamp for delivery of IEC certificate by registered post or challan/DD of Rs.100/- for speed post.
IEC Code Number Related links
DGFT Online IEC Code Number Application
View Your IEC Status : http://dgft.delhi.nic.in:8100/dgft/IecPrint
IEC Status at Custom(BIN) : http://188.8.131.52/iecstatus.html